You have no items in your shopping basket.
We need a new hospice to meet the demand for the services EACH provide in Norfolk. The Quidenham hospice is one of the oldest in the UK and has been an incredible home-from home to many families for more than 20 years.
However, the hospice was converted from an old country house and is extremely restricted in its facilities and development. The demand on the service continues to increase and care for young people over the last decade has become far more complicated – EACH are rapidly outgrowing the constraints of the building.
EACH have planning permission for a new hospice – the nook - on a five-acre site in the parish of Framingham Earl, five miles south of Norwich and alongside the communities of Poringland and Framingham Pigot. The nook – even better children’s hospice care services, in the heart of the county.
The vision for Norfolk, the nook will have:
• a significantly larger care area on a single floor
• seven larger, better equipped bedrooms for children and young people
• three en-suite family accommodation rooms
• activity areas for arts, crafts, sand and water play
• a hydrotherapy pool and changing facilities
• en-suite bathrooms for all bedrooms
• private areas for clinical treatment
• a sensory room
• a quiet ‘haven’
• therapy rooms, including for music and counselling
• an outdoor play area with specialist equipment
• training, meeting and resource rooms.
The nook – a vision for Norfolk.
Sign up to our Newsletter